Thursday, December 6, 2012

DAY TWO!!

December 7, 2012

Today started out a little rough. Pain was worse, but I had not been using the pca pump enough. Only 8 times during the night, so I decided to step it up a bit. I was extremely tired all day!! Did wake for PT and OT and a sink bath. My diet today consisted of clear liquids, 60 cc's every hour. Boy did that first sip of ice water taste good!! I have had absolutely no nausea or vomiting, just very groggy with cotton mouth.

The therapists have been wonderful. I have been up walking in the halls a total of five times today. Something funny that I had never seen or heard of before was a small toilet assistant. It was kinda difficult to bend to reach my business, so the OT gave me this tool that supposed to help me reach to wipe. It looks like curved kitchen tongs!! Lol. John was teasing he could use it on the grill when I am finished with it!!

John left today around noon. He got some bad news about his Mom. She has pneumonia and is worsening. She is being transferred to Springfield. I was missing him before he even left, but I know he is so exhausted and worried for his mother. I was glad to get the call when he arrived home safe and sound! I will be praying for Granny!! She may be tiny and frail, but she is strong-willed!

This evening Shelly came to visit me! It was so nice to see her and get to catch up on things!! I am hoping to get to visit with her, Ron, and little Lucas just before Christmas this year.

Well I am getting very sleepy again. Signing off for now!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you so much. Glad to hear that you ate getting lots of rest between walks.

    ReplyDelete