December 15, 2012
Hello family and friends! Yesterday, my daughter Jessie and her boyfriend Dustin drove me Barnes for my follow-up appointment. I had to be npo after midnight, so my mouth was super parched! I had my leak test first which involved swallowing two types of very nasty contrast...and did I mention NASTY?? It was worth it though to receive the good news that everything looks just fine! I get to upgrade my diet to pureed! Yippee! Then we went to Dr. Eagon's office to wait.
It was then were first heard the news of the senseless killings at the grade school in Connecticut. Horrific!! How can anyone be so evil...so disturbed?? It is unfathomable!! My heart goes out to the survivors and families of the victims. I know the children and adults that were slain are in God's hands now. Everyone in the waiting room was glued to the TV...watching in disbelief. May God be with all those affected by this tragedy.
It wasn't long before I was called back to have my drain removed, and man did that hurt! I was so thankful that Jessie was back there with me to hold my hand. After that, I didn't think I could walk all the back to our vehicle, so Dustin found a wheelchair for me and pushed me all the way back. I am so grateful for all their help today. I love you both!!
And to end on a good note...happy birthday to my baby Jessie Sue who turned 19 today! Will be glad to see her after her work this evening. Love you always baby girl!
So glad you had a good report!
ReplyDelete