Saturday, December 8, 2012

There's no place like home!!

December 8, 2012

Hello family and friends! Today is my fourth day, and I am so glad to be home! I didn't feel up to posting yesterday...it was my most difficult day yet.  I was soooo groggy as they switched me from IV to oral pain meds. I think two percocet was too much, although with cutting back to one does not last me four hours. I had a horrible headache all day yesterday. I also found out my oxygen sats drop in the 80's when I sleep. Hopefully that is only because of the narcotic meds. John and I left the hospital around two. The ride home was very painful! I felt every bump between here and St. Louis!! I finally got settled in my own bed and rested well during the night.

This morning I woke up and started taking my medecine and my Pure Genesis Complete Shake. It has taken me 3 hours to finish it. Also took my Daily Build and Coral Calcium. A big thanks to Marilyn Rippy for introducing me to these nutritionally superior products! I believe supplementing with Genesis Pure will help to speed my recovery.

I have noticed an increase in the drainage from my JP drain, with 45 mls overnoc. It is also leaking from the drain site. I am documenting the amounts each time. My poor abdomen is sooo swollen and tender! I have had to keep the dogs out of my bedroom for the most part, since they don't understand why they can't use my tummy as a springboard! I am attaching  pic to document the appearance...gross I know!!

Well thanks so much to everyone for your prayers, concern, and support! I am going to continue to need it along this recovery path! Anyone who would like to comment on my blog...I guess you have to have a google account to post here. Otherwise feel free to message me on facebook.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry... That looks so painful! You are going to be looking and feeling so sexy here soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back home and can rest so much better. Glad to see you are keeping a close eye on those incisions. Our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete